Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Kung Pao Chicken

The Meal:
The People: TS, BY, RS1, RS2, MS, SC, SW, DP, BK (TL stopped by later)

The Review: Potstickers, potstickers, potstickers! The potstickers were the star of the meal for me. Once again I find that to get what I want, I have to make it myself (or Robin and BY). I have a hard time ordering potstickers out because there's always a chance they're going to use the thick, nasty, gummy wrappers. We used the uber-thin ones and they came out perfect. I would have maybe browned them a little more, but they were crispy enough as it was.

The kung pao came out nice and kung pao-y. The spice burn was a little slow, but if you took two or three bites in a row, there was sizzle to be had. The beef in the lo mein was our special soy soaked flank steak, and that just never gets old.


Comments:
I really liked this meal. It was fun to prepare and the potstickers and wontons that I thought would be difficult to prepare were actually very simple and reminded me of Italian food.
But my favorite was the Kung Pao Chicken, or maybe it was the beef lo mien...hmmmm so many choices....I give it 4 stars.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?