Thursday, March 17, 2005

 

St. Patrick's Day

I'm not really wild about going out on St. Patrick's Night. I grew up with a large Irish Catholic Family, and we've always taken our Irish heritage a little more seriously than shiny, green, plastic hats allow. I'd rather cook a huge pot of Guinness Stew, a couple loaves of soda bread, and slice up some really nice aged Irish cheddar.

So if you'd rather skip the 21st (and probably last) year of Boiled in Lead, if you'd rather not subject yourselves to the Irish-for-a-day hoardes, if you'd rather have a tasty meal, coctails, and maybe play a little poker, come on by. I don't work on St. Patrick's Day, and TS is coming early, so we'll be there whenever.

UPDATE:

I just noticed, and have had it confirmed, that First Avenue is still having Ritmo Caliente after the Boiled in Lead show. So folks are welcome to stop by before and after the show! Robin and I both have Friday off, so late shouldn't be an issue...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?