Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

A New Record!

TWENTY-THREE people, all sitting down. (It's true that we've had more people, but never all sitting down together.)

The Food:
The People: BY, SP, AS, SC, MS(+1), CP, JZ+J, DS, RS2, CS, LN, AC, SM, DP, AK, SZ, BK, S?, AA, EM, and RS1 late again...

It was early in the meal, and after so much food it can be easy to forget, but I want to make sure I mention how much I enjoyed the toasted pecans in the salad. They combined with the champagne vinegarette and julienned pears perfectly. Must remember to do that again.

I was afraid that we weren't going to have enough to go around, but I forget how filling egg noodles are. We tried a different brand when I realized that the "No Yolk" noodles I've been eating since I was a little kid DIDN'T HAVE EGG YOLKS IN THEM! Don't look at me that way, I'd just never really thought about it. Of course SC almost smacked me in the store when I made that little announcement. Anyway, egg noodles are very filling. Lesson learned.

The Beef Burgundy was tasty. I just always try to forget that it's basically French stew, or as some may call it, "Freedom Stew". Feh. The squash was interesting, and yummy. And SC was almost psychotic in the portions he was forcing on people, but it got the job done.

The extra vanilla bean in the cake really accentuated the flavor, and made SP and BY's kitchen smell fantastic as it baked. It was a bit shallow in the pan, and when we make it again, I'd like to remember to double the recipe for that particular pan.

For the first time, we had no left-overs. That usually makes me worried that we didn't have enough food, but everyone swears they were stuffed. I think we might have just had the exact right amount of food. Maybe we've been cooking for twenty-three people this whole time!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?